The Nepalese Consulate office in Melbourne issues the following tourist visas to Nepal and following are the visa fees:
|Visa Type||Validity||Visa Fees|
|15 Day Multiple Entry Visa||Valid for 15 days from the date of entry||AU $60.00* For on the spot or urgent Visa processing add $25.00 more.|
|30 Day Multiple Entry Visa||Valid for 30 days from the date of entry||AU $96.00* For on the spot or urgent Visa processing add $25.00 more.|
|90 Day Multiple Entry Visa||Valid for 90 days from the date of entry||AU $240.00* For on the spot or urgent Visa processing add $25.00 more.|
The above fees are effective 17 July 2019 as prescribed by the Government of Nepal.
Please note: On-the-spot/urgent visa processing incurs a fee of AU $25.00.
People of the following countries cannot acquire a visa on arrival at immigration entry points in Nepal. Please contact the nearest Nepalese embassy and/or consulate office for further information.
Visa on Arrival service is available for all passport holders except those of the aforementioned countries. Once you arrive at the airport, please follow these simple procedures for Tourist Visa on Arrival.
Officials from China, Brazil, Russia and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver agreement.
Requirements for tourist visa application
All foreign nationals, except Indian citizens, are required to have a valid visa to enter Nepal. Visa can be obtained by visiting the office of the Consulate General of Nepal to Victoria, Melbourne, or by sending all required documents by postbox.
Applying in person
Please submit all your documents at the office of the Consulate General of Nepal to Victoria, Melbourne (Level 7, 28-32 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne VIC 3000) between 10:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday. Please note that the operations at the office can be affected between 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm over the lunchtime break. It is recommended to check before you visit our office.
Provide the following:
- Fully completed one (1) Application for Tourist Visa to Nepal form,
- Your current passport, valid for at least six months,
- One recent passport photograph attached to your form,
- Visa fee as applicable can be paid by cash, card, cheque or money order. If paying by money order, please make cheque payable to Nepalese Consulate in Victoria. Personal cheque and American Express card will not be accepted,
- Optional on the spot AU $25 fee.
Visa will be issued within 4 business days from the date of receipt and posted to you in the envelope provided. Please advise if you are applying for the “On the spot/Urgent visa”.
Applying with online banking:
Account Name: Consulate of Nepal-Melbourne
Account number: 299735
Screenshot the payment receipt and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full details.
On the spot AU $25 fee.
Applying by post:
If you are applying by post, please make sure you have sent return self-addressed Yellow Express Post envelope or a Registered Post envelope with your fully completed visa application form, your current original passport valid for at least six months, one recent passport photograph attached to your form and visa fees (can be paid by cash, card, cheque or money order).
Please note: Applicants are required to send registered prepaid return envelope with a tracking number to return back passports with visa. The office of the Consulate General will not be responsible for the loss or damage of document send via mail/post. Consulate General’s office will not be responsible for any undelivered passport/s because of the insufficient postage, a weak envelope to bear up the load and other incidents occurred during transit or handling of the documents by couriers/post.
Please mail all your documents to:
Nepalese Consulate in Victoria, GPO Box 5466, Melbourne, VIC 3001
Please note: Gratis Visa (Visa for Free)
Children under the age of 10 and gratis visas will not be charged for visas valid up to 30 days; however, on the spot/urgent visas will incur a surcharge of $25.00 for all. Children under the age of 10 are issued gratis visa for a stay not exceeding 30 days and are exempt from paying visa fees. Normal fees will apply in the case of a 90 Day Multiple Entry Visa or if a visa sticker is requested.
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants as well:
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizens (except Afghanistan) once in a given visa Year. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Nepal Consulate office of Victoria to get you Gratis Visa.
- Chinese Nationals; however, on the spot/urgent visas will incur a surcharge of $25.00.
- Visa must be utilised within 6 months from the date of issue.
- Once a visa is issued it cannot be withdrawn and visa fees cannot be refunded
- Passport must be valid for 6 months prior to the date of travel.
- Tourist visa shall be granted for a period of 150 days in a visa year (Visa year denotes Calendar year from January to December).
- Chinese passport holders are eligible to apply and receive gratis visa (without fees) for up to 5 months in a visa year. This is in accordance with the Government of Nepal’s decision implemented from January 1, 2016.
- Passport holders of member nations of SAARC countries are exempt from paying visa fees for a stay not exceeding 30 days.
Visa Extension: A tourist visa can be extended up to 120 days from the Department of Immigration in Kathmandu and Pokhara Immigration Office on request. Thereafter, an additional 30 days can be extended from the Department of Immigration ensuring that tourist visa cannot be extended more than 150 days.